We believe our lives are journeys in Faith; where sometimes the road is straight, but at times the road is twisting and bumpy. No matter where you are in your journey, we want to help you in your continued spiritual growth as a Catholic Christian, to this end, we offer you this website of our Parish.
We hope that you will find this webite helpful. It lists all of the ministries of our Parish. Whether you are seeking guidance, education, or fellowship, I am confident we have a ministry for you. If you are looking to get more involved in the Parish, I hope that the Lord's calling to you can be fulfilled by one of these ministries. Either way, we hope that at least you can see the ways that your Parish is living out Jesus' call to spread the Good News.
- Canadian court backs Christian law school in homosexuality dispute - View More
The Nova Scotia Supreme Court has ruled that graduates of Trinity Western University's law school are permitted to practice law in Nova Scotia.
The Nova Scotia Barristers' Society had ...
- Pope speaks of 'deep sadness' over suffering of Christians in Iraq, Syria - View More
Pope Francis reiterated his "dismay and deep sadness" over the continued bloodshed in Iraq and Syria, during a January 30 meeting with ecumenical representatives of the Oriental Orthodox ...
- Carmelite priest to preach Lenten retreat for Pope, Curia - View More
Father Bruno Secondin, a Carmelite priest who teaches at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome, will preach the Lenten retreat to Pope Francis and the members of the Roman ...
- Venezuelan bishop victim of armed robbery - View More
A bishop and 50 priests and parishioners were victims of an armed robbery at a parish in Puerto Ordaz, a city of 600,000 in Venezuela.
Three masked men entered the parish auditorium, ...
- Vatican document critical of cosmetic surgery - View More
A new Vatican document on women takes a critical look at cosmetic plastic surgery, the Crux web site reports.
The rising popularity of cosmetic surgery, the document says, may reflect ...
- Christian school attacked in Pakistan - View More
Over 200 Muslim students, angered by caricatures of Muhammad in a Parisian publication, attacked a Christian boys' school in Pakistan and demanded its closure, according to Agence ...
- Vatican conference addresses evangelization in Europe - View More
Addressing participants in a 3-day conference on evangelization in Europe, Archbishop Rino Fisichella, the president of the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of the New Evangelization, ...
- New cardinal profile: Archbishop Alberto Suárez Inda - View More
Seventh on the list of new cardinals announced by Pope Francis on January 4 is Archbishop Alberto Suárez Inda, 76, of Morelia, a city of 730,000 that is capital of the western Mexican ...
- Myanmar: authorities order removal of cross - View More
Authorities in Chin State, which is located in western Myanmar (Burma), have ordered the removal of a hillside cross that is 16 feet tall.
Tial Cem, who constructed the cross and is ...
- Pope's prayer intentions for February 2015 - View More
The Vatican has announced the prayer intentions of Pope Francis for February 2015.
The Pope's general intention for February is: "That prisoners, especially the young, may be able to ...
- Salvation is individual, but not a private affair, Pope says in homily - View More
Salvation is an individual matter, but anyone who is interested only in his personal salvation is "going along the wrong path," Pope Francis said in a homily at daily Mass on June ...
- Archbishop Cordileone launches effort to promote Catholic identity in San Francisco archdiocesan high schools - View More
Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone of San Francisco is undertaking a study to determine how well archdiocesan high schools promote the Catholic faith.
"We hear stories of children going ...
- Sri Lanka cardinal praises new government - View More
Sri Lanka's leading prelate praised the nation's new president, Maithripala Sirisena, for his efforts to promote religious harmony.
Sirisena has appointed a Buddhist, a Hindu, and a ...
- Obama calls for religious tolerance, respect for religious freedom in India - View More
In a visit to India, now governed by a Hindu nationalist party, President Barack Obama issued a call for greater respect for religious freedom.
"We remember the wisdom of Gandhiji, who ...
- Egypt's new government allows Christians to build new churches, ending years of opposition - View More
Egyptian Christians have seen notable gains under the government of President Abd al-Sisi, the spokesman for the country's bishops tells the AsiaNews service.
Father Rafic Greiche ...
- 3 more companies exempted from HHS mandate - View More
Citing the US Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision, a federal court in Colorado has barred enforcement of the HHS mandate against three companies.
The three are Continuum Health ...
- Myanmar: government orders removal of 'illegal' cross - View More
Christians in Myanmar are distressed by the prosecution of a man who erected a 50-foot cross on a hill in the city of Hakha, the Fides news service reports.
Tial Cem could face two ...
- New cardinal profile: Archbishop Pierre Nguyen Van Nhon - View More
Sixth on the list of new cardinals announced by Pope Francis on January 4 is Archbishop Pierre (Phero) Nguyen Van Nhon, 76, of Hanoi, Vietnam's capital. Three of his four predecessors were ...
- Appeal from Caritas for Malawi flood victims - View More
Caritas Internationalis, the Church's confederation of relief and development agencies, has issued an appeal on behalf of flood victims in the African nation of Malawi.
120,000 people ...
- New film on Pius XII and the Jews - View More
A new film, Shades of Truth, highlights Venerable Pius XII's efforts to assist Jews during the Holocaust.
The film will be previewed at the Vatican on March 2, according to ...
- Pope laments absence of fathers from families - View More
Stating that the absence of fathers can produce "wounds which may be very serious," Pope Francis devoted his January 28 general audience to fatherhood.
The word "Father," he said, is ...
- Eastern Christian leaders plea: help for refugees, end support for terrorism - View More
Leaders of the Eastern Christian community met in Bkerke, Lebanon on January 27, and released a joint statement urging international support for the Christian refugees in the Middle ...
- Pope changes another tradition: each new archbishop will receive pallium in his own archdiocese - View More
Pope Francis has decided that each newly appointed metropolitan archbishop should be formally vested with the pallium at a ceremony in his own archdiocese, rather than the ceremony ...
- Ivory Coast's bishops lament ritual sacrifice of children - View More
Declaring that their nation is "sick at a spiritual and moral level," the bishops of Ivory Coast denounced the ritual sacrifice of children.
A report from the Reuters news agency linked ...
- Bishop defends CCHD-funded group - View More
A New Mexico bishop has come to the defense of Comunidades en Acción y de Fé (CAFé), a faith-based organization that, at his recommendation, receives funding from the US bishops' Catholic ...
- Vatican offices adapting to new financial regulations - View More
All Vatican offices are now obliged to follow new regulations governing financial transactions, the Vatican Insider notes.
Implementing the new rules, which call for a full accounting ...
- Church burned down in India - View More
A Protestant church in the southern Indian state of Telangana was set on fire on January 16, according to multiple reports.
"Activists have threatened me and warned me not to continue ...
- California judges barred from work with Boy Scouts - View More
The California Supreme Court has voted to bar state judges from joining nonprofit youth organizations that discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation.
"Although the court's ...
- Cardinal welcomes House passage of pro-life legislation - View More
Cardinal Seán O'Malley of Boston, chairman of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops' Committee on Pro-Life Activities, has welcomed the House of Representatives' passage of the ...
- Confront indifference to God and neighbor, Pope says in 2015 Lenten message - View More
The Holy See Press Office has released the text of Pope Francis's 2015 Lenten message.
Entitled "Make Your Hearts Firm"-- a reference to a verse in the Letter of St. James-- the ...