We believe our lives are journeys in Faith; where sometimes the road is straight, but at times the road is twisting and bumpy. No matter where you are in your journey, we want to help you in your continued spiritual growth as a Catholic Christian, to this end, we offer you this website of our Parish.
We hope that you will find this webite helpful. It lists all of the ministries of our Parish. Whether you are seeking guidance, education, or fellowship, I am confident we have a ministry for you. If you are looking to get more involved in the Parish, I hope that the Lord's calling to you can be fulfilled by one of these ministries. Either way, we hope that at least you can see the ways that your Parish is living out Jesus' call to spread the Good News.
- The Eucharist ensures Christ is the center of unity, Pope emphasizes - View More
In a March 4 address to bishops who are friends of Focolare, Pope Francis thanked the movement for anchoring its promotion of unity in the Eucharist.
The Eucharist, said the Pope, ...
- Pope Francis: do not discard the elderly - View More
Pope Francis devoted his March 4 general audience to the elderly and obligations toward them.
"Where the elderly are not honored, there is no future for the young," he said.
- Syrian rebels reject truce offer; bishop blames Western suppliers - View More
After Syrian rebels fighting to oust the Assad regime rejected a UN proposal for a humanitarian truce, Bishop Georges Abou Khazen of Aleppo told the Fides news service that the country's ...
- Social media can be a �vanity fair,' says Russian patriarch - View More
In remarks made after a recent Lenten liturgy, the head of the Russian Orthodox Church criticized the vanity manifested in discussions on social media networks.
"Every person has a ...
- Report: Islamic State releases more Syrian Christian hostages - View More
Following the recent release of 19 Syrian Christian captives, the Islamic State has released four more hostages, including a six-year-old girl, according to the Assyrian International News ...
- Cardinal calls for negotiations in Burma - View More
Myanmar's first cardinal has called for dialogue between the nation's army and rebel groups, including the Kachin Independence Army.
Addressing 50,000 pilgrims at a Marian shrine, ...
- Cardinal Parolin to visit Belarus - View More
Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the Vatican's Secretary of State, will visit Belarus from March 12 to 15, according to a report from the Belarusian Telegraph Agency.
In sending Cardinal ...
- Philippine bishops call for land reform - View More
81 Philippine bishops have signed a statement calling for the passage of two bills that would extend 1988 agrarian-reform legislation.
An estimated 50,000 farmers stand to become ...
- Cardinal Nichols weighs in on immigration - View More
In an interview with BBC, Cardinal Vincent Nichols of Westminster discussed immigration and the UK general election, which will take place on May 7.
"I think every party has to be ...
- Annual Mass celebrates peace on Chile-Argentina border - View More
More than 2,000 Catholics from Chile and Argentina gathered on the border between their countries on March 1, to attend a Mass in thanksgiving for the peace between their nations, the ...
- Pope backs Secretariat for Economy in bid for Vatican reform - View More
Pope Francis has approved the statutes of the Secretariat for the Economy, giving an important victory to Cardinal George Pell in his quest for transparency and accountability in Vatican ...
- US bishops' relief agency involved with condom distribution in Kenya, report charges - View More
Catholic Relief Services (CRS), the official overseas charitable agency of the US bishops, has been promoting contraceptive use in a program in Kenya.
The Population Research Institute, ...
- Venezuelan cardinal: �stop murderous violence' - View More
Following the shooting of a 14-year-old boy by police, Cardinal Jorge Uroso of Caracas has called upon security forces to "stop murderous violence."
The prelate called upon the ...
- Nigerian bishops issue statement on family life - View More
Decrying threats to family life and the terrorism of Boko Haram, the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Nigeria has issued a statement entitled "Good Families Make Good Nations."
"In a ...
- Vatican security head: no immediate threat of attack by Islamic State - View More
The Vatican's top security officer has said that although the Islamic State has threatened to attack the Vatican, there are no reports of any planned attack.
"The threat exists," said ...
- Wisconsin diocese raising funds to handle spike in number of seminarians - View More
The Diocese of Madison, Wisconsin, has launched a fundraising campaign to cope with a welcome problem: a huge increase in the number of young men preparing for the priesthood.
- Update on dialogue between Vatican, evangelicals - View More
L'Osservatore Romano has published an update on the ecumenical dialogue between the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity and the World Evangelical Alliance.
The dialogue is ...
- Ukrainian president thanks leading prelate for support of nation - View More
The head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church met with President Petro Poroshenko on February 28, according to the Religious Information Service of Ukraine.
Poroshenko thanked Major ...
- Russian foreign minister condemns rising anti-Christianity in the West - View More
Speaking in Geneva, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov lamented growing pressures on Christians in the West.
"I can't leave out problems which Christians have been experiencing in ...
- US bishops' conference spokesmen urge Congress not to cut spending on welfare, relief programs - View More
Two spokesmen for the US bishops' conference have joined in a message to Congress, urging lawmakers to preserve funding for federal programs serving the poor.
Archbishop Thomas G. ...
- Schedule released for papal trip to Naples, Pompeii - View More
Pope Francis will make a one-day trip to Pompeii and Naples on Saturday, March 21, the Vatican has announced.
The Pope will travel by helicopter from the Vatican to Pompeii early in the ...
- Vatican newspaper: negative review of new film on Pius XII and the Jews - View More
Five weeks after it publicized a new film on Venerable Pius XII's actions during the Holocaust, L'Osservatore Romano has published a brief negative review of the film's artistic ...
- French hierarchy deplores persecution of Christians - View More
Stating that "no persecution can be committed in the name of God," the Bishops' Conference of France has issued a statement decrying the persecution of Christians in the Middle ...
- Coptic Patriarch meets with families of Libyan martyrs - View More
Pope Tawadros II, the head of the Coptic Orthodox Church, met on March 3 with families of the 21 Christians who were beheaded by the Islamic State in Libya.
The Coptic prelate has ...
- Secretariat for Economy rebuts charges of excess spending, says costs are below budget - View More
Responding to allegations of excessive spending, the Vatican's Secretariat for the Economy has issued a statement saying that its operating expenses have been "below the budget set when ...
- Pope reflects on Christ's transfiguration - View More
Pope Francis devoted his March 1 Angelus address to Christ's transfiguration, the subject of the day's Gospel reading at Mass.
The goal of the Lenten journey of conversion, the Pope ...
- Islamic State releases some captives in Syria - View More
The Islamic State has released 19 of the more than 200 Syrian Christians who were captured during an offensive last week, after the payment of a large ransom.
Estimates of the number of ...
- Keep hope alive, Pope encourages bishops of north African nations - View More
Pope Francis assured a group of bishops from northern Africa that they have the full support of the universal Church, during a meeting on March 2.
The Pope met with members of the ...
- Papal praise for cooperatives - View More
Lamenting the centrality of the "god of money" and quoting Popes Leo XIII and Benedict XVI, Pope Francis lauded cooperative enterprises, called for investment in them, and offered ...
- Pope Francis: pray for persecuted Christians of Syria and Iraq - View More
At the conclusion of his March 1 Angelus address, Pope Francis renewed his call for prayers for Christians and others persecuted in Syria and Iraq.
"We want to assure those involved in ...